July 13 Webinar: How Universities Can Transform Student Experience to Drive Student Success and Equity
Join the Student Experience Project on July 13 from 12–1 p.m. ET for a webinar unveiling the results of a pathbreaking new project scaling evidence-based practices that increase student success by transforming student experience and creating equitable learning environments.
The webinar will feature a panel of practitioners who will discuss the impact of classroom- and institution-driven changes they have implemented to boost student belonging and academic achievement. Participants will receive access to a free set of resources and tools designed to help campus leaders and faculty foster student belonging and growth mindset culture on their campuses. These resources include a new report, Increasing Equity in College Student Experience: Findings from a National Collaborative, that outlines tangible interventions universities and colleges can implement and which draws on a vast data set measuring students’ experience of their learning environment and academic performance.
Panelists and presenters are:
- Dr. Mary Murphy, Herman B. Wells Endowed Professor at Indiana University and founder of the Equity Accelerator
- Dr. Constancio Nakuma, Provost, University of Colorado Denver
- Dr. Denise Bartell, Associate Vice Provost for Student Success, University of Toledo,
- Dr. John Smail, Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education & Dean of University College, University of North Carolina Charlotte
- Dr. Sushilla Knottenbelt, Senior Lecturer III, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, and Director, BA/MD Program, University of New Mexico
The Student Experience Project is a partnership of the Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU), Coalition of Urban Serving Universities (USU); College Transition Collaborative (CTC); Education Counsel; Project for Education Research that Scales (PERTS); and Shift.