Designing and Delivering Career Pathways at Community Colleges: A Practice Guide for Educators
From the practice guide summary: "Designing and Delivering Career Pathways at Community Colleges will help administrators, staff, and faculty at community colleges effectively develop and implement career pathways or career technical education initiatives.
Compiled by a panel of national experts and practitioners, the practice guide offers five evidence-based recommendations:
- Intentionally design and structure career pathways to enable students to further their education, secure a job, and advance in employment.
- Deliver contextualized or integrated basic skills instruction to accelerate students’ entry into and successful completion of career pathways.
- Offer flexible instructional delivery schedules and models to improve credit accumulation and completion of non-degree credentials along career pathways.
- Provide coordinated comprehensive student supports to improve credit accumulation and completion of non-degree credentials along career pathways.
- Develop and continuously leverage partnerships to prepare students and advance their labor market success."