Collaborating Across Disciplines to Improve College Completion
In this video, our research teams discuss the benefits of participating in the College Completion Network, with a focus on how collaborating with fellow researchers and higher education practitioners is helping the teams provide high-quality, actionable evidence that can help move the dial on college completion.
Filmed at a network meeting in early 2020, the video includes the following research team members:
- Affording Degree Completion: A Study of Completion Grants at Accessible Public Universities – Sara Goldrick-Rab, Ph.D
- Men of Color College Achievement Demonstration Project – Lashawn Richburg-Hayes, Ph.D., and Rashida Welbeck
- An Experimental Evaluation of Accelerated Pathways through Developmental Education – Lindsay Daugherty, Ph.D.
- A Scalable Growth Mindset Intervention to Raise Achievement and Persistence in Community College – Sarah Gripshover, Ph.D.
- Nudges to the Finish Line: Experimental Interventions to Prevent Late College Departure – Zach Mabel, Ed.D.
This video serves as an introduction to the College Completion Network, which aims to strengthen the work of research teams through collaboration and to expand the evidence base on college completion at broad and open-access institutions.